Are you planning to fly to your place of interest anytime soon? Well, before you plan your holiday, it is very essential to bear in mind certain important things to avoid any last-minute hassles and make your vacation a memorable one. Following travel and luggage tips will help you plan your tour in a better way:
- If you have planned your tour during the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year, it is better to arrive at the airport at least two hours before departure. This is because these weeks are the busiest times of the year and the security check lines are very long. Similarly, most airports are extremely crowded on Monday mornings and Friday afternoons.
- In order to reduce the possibilities of a delay, it is advisable to prefer a non-stop flight over a break flight. As the air traffic is comparatively less in morning, the early morning flights are very less likely to be delayed.
- At the security check of almost all the airports, passengers are asked to remove their footwear. Therefore, it is always better to wear clean socks and slip-on shoes.
- As the passengers are required to furnish their identification proof several times before boarding, make sure you carry a lanyard with a plastic passport holder. This will ensure easy I.D. access.
- As the fee charged for checked bags vary between different airlines, make sure you enquire about the baggage rates with the particular airline.
- Never wrap your packages.
- Carry essentials, such as electronics, medications, and other valuable items, in your carry-on luggage.
- Make sure you have labeled all your checked and carry-on baggage with your name or initials and your contact details. For easy and quick identification of your luggage, you can tie a colorful satin ribbon on the handle of each luggage piece. This will help you easily differentiate your luggage from that of your co-passengers.
- Do not lock your bags as the lock might be cut off of your baggage for random inspection by the Transportation Security Administration. If you still wish to lock your bags, use the TSA approved locks instead of the normal ones.
- If you are carrying your laptop computer along with you, bear in mind that you will be asked to remove it from its case and put it through the X-Ray machine. Therefore, come prepared accordingly.
- If you are having with you prescription medicines, baby formula, breast milk, or diabetic nutritional supplements, do not forget to declare the same at the check point.
- Gels, pastes, or liquids should be placed in one quart (1 liter) plastic bag and packed in the carry-on luggage.
The above airline travel tips will definitely help you prepare yourself well before you finally board a flight to your destination.